[Tutor] OT: Has anyone tried the Visual Studio Code editor?

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Nov 7 23:14:25 EST 2019

On 11/7/19 8:39 PM, boB Stepp wrote:
> An article popped up on my phone today about Visual Studio Code.  It
> claimed that a Stack Overflow survey this year found it to be the most
> popular code editor.  So, being curious, has anyone tried it for
> Python development?  And the Python extension?  Also, has anyone using
> this editor tried the Vim extension?

vscode is decent at Python.  some of the additional addons are poor (I
have a running battle with the ReST support plugin, which always seems
to be missing support for something I try to use) but it's not at all a
bad editor for py code. It you're a vim person, though, why not just use
vim, rather than fiddling with an addon for another editor that tries to
support vim keystrokes??