[Tutor] is this doable

nathan tech nathan-tech at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 15:41:15 EDT 2019

Hi there,

So for a future project of mine, I was wondering something.

Is it possible, in python, to store a running task id in the registry?

I might be using the complete wrong terms here, because I'm only used to
doing this with a specific language, but here's what I want to do:

python mytest.py:

if(registry.taskid==valid_task):

  print 'already open'

  send to open program to make a ding noise.

I understand that the second part, the "send to program" requires the
program to handle being sent a "wake up!" event, which is fine, it's the
"is it already running" which I am not sure on.

Thanks

Nate