[Tutor] [OT] Problem with auto-complete package installation in Atom [Was: Re: After virtualenv, how to use ide]

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 22:26:06 EDT 2019

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 8:51 PM anand warik <anandwarik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sorry for not sticking to my original question but editors are complicated in itself. So many costimization instruction to read through just to finally execute a simple .Py file which can be just executed using the terminal.
>
> I am sorry I didn't documented my details about the system, but I certainly lost the track through how I installed Anaconda for Spyder and then atom. Next time onwards would me more careful.
>
> It's true I am not professional programmer and therefore trying to make sense of the big picture when learning programming from various sources. Picking up pieces from here and there and applying on the system only to forget how at all I did it in first place.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience caused, will be careful next time

My intent was not to criticize you, but to help you have the best
chance of getting help and to briefly share my struggles to settle on
a coding editor.  There is nothing to be sorry about!  You certainly
caused me no inconvenience!!

Just because an editor you might use has plenty of customization
options and be overly packed with features does not usually mean you
need to concern yourself with them, especially starting out.  As long
as you can create a text file easily and save it where you want to
save it, you can use it.  You can always run your program from the
terminal and many think that is a good idea to do anyway.  Sometimes
when you run a program from within the editor/IDE it can hide some
issues from you.  Most editors/IDEs come preset out of the box, so to
speak, to be able to do sensible syntax highlighting, etc., so you can
worry about fine tuning these things later when you have time and
inclination.

As for forgetting things, I am a past master at this!  But I keep
chugging along and people here are quite patient with me.  But it pays
to try to focus on the details of what you are doing programming-wise
as the whole process can and does crash for want of an overlooked
detail.  Or, in my case, many overlooked details!

Keep trying and always try to give the best, most helpful description
of problems you are experiencing, what you expected to happen and what
actually did happen, so that you have the best chance of getting
useful help.

Take care!
boB