[Tutor] how to get the weeks of a month

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 4 18:00:17 EST 2019

On 04/03/2019 22:30, Ben Finney wrote:
> john fabiani <johnf at jfcomputer.com> writes:
>
>> My understanding is - a week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday.
>
> That's behaviour specific to a timezone. Which one are you using, and
> does your program know to consult the timezone data for when a week
> begins and ends?

That's a whole different can of worms. Last time I checked there were
around 40 different timezones and only about 35 supported by most OS.
Some of them vary their rules year on year and their time intervals
can be as little as 20 minutes apart to 3 hours apart. Its a real
rats nest where local governance overrules standards at the drop
of a hat!

Fortunately you only have the days and months to worry about here!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site