[Tutor] Basic Question about Visualization for enduser

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 12:56:55 EDT 2019

On 25/06/2019 15:52, Sinardy Xing wrote:

> My question is, how currently all of this great technology glue together
> and as a final product for the enduser. Because I cant imagine that we
> install Anaconda Jupyter Notebook at frontend for the enduser to use it,
> and give end user bunch of *.py

You sort of can and there are tools for wrapping it all up in an
installable package. More commonly you create a desktop application
using the GUI toolkit of your choice and generate the graphical output
and display it yourself (using pyplot etc)

Or....

> I read a little bit about Django web framework, I am not sure if my
> understanding is correct. Therefore we are using Django as frontend tier
> then it connected to backend python server running the calculation and all
> other python stuff including the charting and send back the result to
> django front end server for end user to consume.

More or less although the Django framework may well host the
server code too.

Django is a web framework so it generates web pages(HTML) as output.
Thus if you can generate png files in your python code Django can put
links to those files in its HTML output and the users browser will
display them.

> My question is how is the end to end commonly use by company product, how
> they present those charts to end user.?

Nowadays its usually via the web. Depending on how fancy you want to
get. It could simply be a static graphics file (png/pdf/jpeg etc) or
maybe a Flash graphic(not common now) or even a movie generated by
back end code. Or it could be something more dynamic controlled by
Javascript in the browser in which case your backend code simply serves
up raw data and the Javascript code turns it into dynamic graphics
within the browser screen, possibly via SVG or similar technology.

There have never been so many options for delivering content to
end users!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site