[Tutor] Running Python 3 on Linux Mint

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 14:01:42 EST 2019

On 13/01/2019 14:47, Cranky Frankie wrote:
> I want to start developing an application in Python 3 on my main computer
> which runs Linux Mint with Python 2.7. What is the best way to work with
> Python 3 on this system?

You don't say which Mint version but assuming its 17 or
greater then you can just use the software manager
(or Synaptic) and install the python3 packages.

You need the base plus IDLE plus any other third party
libraries you use. (IDLE should pull in Tkinter as a
dependency).

It will probably only be version 3.5 but unless you are
obsessive about having the latest version it should be
adequate.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site