[Tutor] Bulk update to a SQL Server table

ram ramprasad.kolla at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 21:15:27 EST 2019

Hi All,

I have 7000+ records in a SQL Server table with 3 columns, which uniquely
identify each record (I didn't define them as composite primary key).

I load these 7000+ records into a Pandas DataFrame and update a subset of
these records.

What's the optimal way to update this subset of records to SQL table?

I'm hesitant to using DataFrame.to_sql(...., if_exists="replace") as it
removes unchanged records too and adds them alongwith the updated ones.

Please advise.

Thank you!
Venkat Kolla