[Tutor] Python Websocket Server

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 17:04:22 EST 2019

On 14/02/2019 16:44, Simon Connah wrote:

> I was wondering what the best practice for writing web socket servers in
> Python was in 2019?

I can't answer that directly since I've never used web
sockets in Python (and only played with them in Java).
But...

> I found an old example on the web which used the
> tornado library but that was talking about Chrome 22 as the client which
> is ancient now so I'm not sure if things have changed?

THe Websocket API standard was finalized at the end of 2011
so since 2012 there should have been little or no changes.
I would therefore expect your Tornado tutorial to be
fairly reliable.

However, I'd suggest follow up questions are addressed to
either the main python list or to the Tornadso community
directly since it's a bit off the beaten path for the
tutor list community.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site