[Tutor] Pymongo | Python 3.7 | MongoDb Community : write scrape results to db

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Sun Dec 15 18:47:29 EST 2019

On 2019-12-13 10:43, Kelvin Zimmerman via Tutor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Let me start by saying I am very new to both python and mongo.  I am
> just and hobbyist so my issue maybe basic to most but never less, I am
> thankful for any help, guidance, as I am stuck!
>
> Objective:  Im using to run a craigslist jobs search for
> multi-locations and then attempt to both print the results to the
> screen and into the db.  I am able to connect to the db without issue,
> I think my issue is in creating the dict .bson ?? piece to this
> puzzle.

I don't have many of the non standard library modules that you are using
so I commented out a lot of stuff just to get to what I believe is the
first problem:

from _datetime import datetime
from unicodedata import name
#import pymongo
#from craigslist import CraigslistJobs
#from pymongo import MongoClient
#from scrapy.utils import url
# database
#try:
     #client = MongoClient()
     #print("Connected Successfully!")
#except:
     #print("Could Not Connect !")
# dbase client
#client = MongoClient()
#client = MongoClient('localhost', 27017)
# dbase
#db = client['craigslistResults']
# write to database
mydict = {'name': name.get_text(),
           #'url': url.get_text(),
           'datetime': datetime.get_text(),
           'price': price.get_text()
           }

and here's the traceback I got:
python tutor.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "tutor.py", line 20, in <module>
     mydict = {'name': name.get_text(),
AttributeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute
'get_text'

It surprises me that the error reported wasn't
NameError: name 'name' is not defined

I suggest you send the Traceback you are getting to the list.