[Tutor] Fwd: Mailing list chaos.

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Fri Aug 23 17:58:23 EDT 2019

> On Aug 23, 2019, at 16:44, David L Neil <PyTutor at DancesWithMice.info> wrote:
>
> On 24/08/19 8:50 AM, David Rock wrote:
>>> On Aug 23, 2019, at 15:17, David L Neil <PyTutor at DancesWithMice.info> wrote:
>>>
>>> Might this be a good time to 'advertise' the list? - many questions which appear on the main Python list seem more relevant to this one.
>>> (but, perhaps I misunderstand their relative purposes/objectives?)
>> I’m actually planning to do exactly that.  My daughter is taking a Computer Programming class in High School this year, and they are using Python 3 and PyCharm.  Seems like as good a group as any to make aware other external learning resources exist. :-)
>
> +1
>
> That said, it is difficult to explain Discussion List Etiquette (even, basic communications skills and politesse) to students who 'just want to know the answer’.

That’s true, but it’s also a lesson that needs to be learnt.  Better to get them early, rather than let them barge ahead into the world unawares.  Tutoring about how to use mailing lists is un unfortunately rare occurrence these days.

> All the best - will be interested to read object-lessons from your observations/participation…

It may all net for nothing, but it may be positive, too. :-)

—
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com