[Tutor] building package on mac os

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at me.com
Sun Sep 9 17:25:10 EDT 2018

I have a package that I am working on.  I am using Pycharm.  The directories are set up correctly.
In my frameworks I have
Python 2.7
Python 3.5
Python 3.6
Python 3.7
Current - which is Python 2.7

After navigating to the directory with the package I run the following in my terminal

python3 setup.py sdist bdist_wheel

This runs fine and it appears all is correct with no messages or warning.  Then I go to the main user directory
and pip install directory/packagename

It appears the wheel installs in a private/var/ folder

if I change the statement to python3.6 pip install  directory/packagename

I get an error 2 cannot find director.  I need to change my current python to 3.6 and also figure out how to install the package.  I have seen some instructions to edit the bash file but before I do this I would like to resolve the install issue

Glenn