[Tutor] Pip issue

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Oct 6 12:45:44 EDT 2018

On 10/05/2018 09:50 AM, Adam Eyring wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just joined since I'm new to working in python for data management and
> have been stumped on using pip. My understanding is that it should be in my
> scripts folder of Windows Python3.6 (downloaded from python.org), but it's
> not, so it doesn't work to run "pip install <filename>". I see there's
> get-pip.py, but the documentation on using it is confusing. Thanks for your
> help.
> Adam

wherever you're told to

  pip install foo

instead do

  python -m pip install foo

it should take care of the path problems you're having, and is now the
recommended way anyway since that way the things you install are sure to
match the running python version.

(the "python -m name" stanza means "python, please run 'name' as a module)