[Tutor] How to create a html hyperlink for a document

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Nov 13 05:38:17 EST 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 04:44:17PM +0530, Asad wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
>         I am creating a python script to analyze the log and provide a
> solution , in the solution part I want to include a document and create a
> hyperlink to the document so that its clickable .
> I have python 2.6.6 cannot use :hyperlink module because this is production
> server and the module cannot be installed on it . Need some trick to create
> it .

This is not something you can control. Whether or not the link is
clickable depends on the application you use to view the document.

For some applications, the answer is to just include a URL as text:

http://www.python.org/

will do. For other applications, you will need to format the URL as a
HTML reference:

or as markdown:

[Python](http://www.python.org/)

or possibly even ReST:

`Python <http://www.python.org/>`_.

or some other format. Or possibly you can't do it at all. Notepad, for
example, has no concept of clickable links.

--
Steve