[Tutor] Installing python

Roger B. Atkins rba2124 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:01:55 EDT 2018

Okay, but what about the virtual environments? Once the Windows 10
path environment variable has a version of Python added to it, Windows
will find it (I am using Win 10), but will it be found from within any
given virtual environment (venv), regardless of which version created
the environment? And if 3rd party packages have been installed within
a venv, will they be found a) by Windows, and b) by the Python version
within the venv, even if it was not used to install the packages?

These questions confounded me until I finally deleted Anaconda, and
Python with it, because when running programs in Windows vice the
Spyder IDE, Windows could find Python, but not the 3rd party packages
such as pyperclip, bs4, and requests. I suspect it had something to do
with the Anaconda installation process establishing a venv, and the
package locations not existing (or not being visible) in Windows.
That's just a WAG based on not being able to find the specified
directories in Windows Explorer. So, I'm just wondering if my quagmire
was part of or related to Mr. Scherer's, and whether he might have
similar problems if he goes back and forth between different virtual
environments.