[Tutor] Calling class from another class

aishwarya selvaraj aishwaryaselvaraj1708 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 06:16:50 EDT 2018

 Dear all,
 I have created 2 classes in 2 separate files.File 1 named atcore_py.pyx
with class andorCameraSDK3, and file 2 with name  AndorCameraGUI making use
of TKinter.
I was able to import  andorCameraSDK3 into  AndorCameraGUI, but I was not
able to do the other way around, as I need to call the function Plot() in
file 2 inside function acquireimage() in file 1.
When I define self.master = master in file 1 and pass this from file 2 as
self.camera =  andorCameraSDK3(self) , I get an error saying :

> ​ Exception in Tkinter callback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/ravindra/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1541,
> in __call__

return self.func(*args)

File "/home/ravindra/PycharmProjects/LiveMode/GUI.py", line 278, in
> getCameraStringGU

self.camera = AndorCameraSDK(self)

File "atcore_py.pyx", line 77, in AndorCameraDriver.
> andorCameraSDK3.__cinit__

self.master = master

AttributeError: 'AndorCameraDriver.andorCameraSDK3' object has no attribute
> 'master'

Process finished with exit code 0  ​

​
I'm attaching both the files along with this email. It would be great if
someone could help me out here. Thanks in advance

​

--
Regards,
Aishwarya Selvaraj