[Tutor] Oracle forms

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Mar 22 13:35:17 EDT 2018

David Holland via Tutor wrote:

> Is there anyway I can use Python to fill in an Oracle form rather than
> typing it in myself.I.e take values from a .csv file and put them into an
> Oracle form.Any ideas (I have googled it) what libraries to use?

If I understand you correctly you want to enter data into a database, in
bulk. For that you typically bypass any GUI, and connect to the database
directly. With Python and Oracle that would look like

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/dsl/python-091105.html

As it is possible to do a lot of damage (provided you have the necessary
credentials) I suggest that you discuss this with your IT department before
you proceed.