[Tutor] Does Python 2.7 bdist_wininst perform checksum verification?

Jeanne Ruiz jaruiz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 17 02:26:37 EDT 2018

Hello,

I can't seem to find documentation in docs.python.org that talks about whether or not the Python Build Distribution command, bdist_wininst performs checksum verification upon installing a Windows executable *.exe. I would think that it does but I need a reference(s) that describes this - can someone point me to a description of how checksums are used to verify the integrity of the installed software?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!