[Tutor] Wish to upgrade Python 3.6.5 to Python 3.6.6 for Linux Mint 19

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Sun Jul 15 15:37:26 EDT 2018

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018, boB Stepp wrote:

> Linux Mint 19 comes with Python 3.6.5 pre-installed....
> But after much searching I cannot find an _easy_ way to do
> this upgrade.

Unlike many distributions, Mint's philosophy is *not* to install most
updates by default, on the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" theory.

That being said, if you do want to update to the latest version available
for Mint, this command should do it for you:

   sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade python3

If Mint doesn't have a vetted 3.6.6 yet, I would leave it alone.

--
Terry Carroll
carroll at tjc.com