[Tutor] Wish to upgrade Python 3.6.5 to Python 3.6.6 for Linux Mint 19

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:51:38 EDT 2018

I have finally taken the plunge and abandoned Windows for Linux Mint
19.  I had been doing a dual-boot, but I found I spent most of my time
where I was comfortable -- Windows 7 -- and mostly avoided my Linux
installation.  So I took my pacifier away and went for it!

Linux Mint 19 comes with Python 3.6.5 pre-installed.  However, my son
and I are working on a couple of things together, and decided to use
the latest bugfix releases of Python 3.6 for them.  I would not think
that upgrading from 3.6.5 to 3.6.6 would break anything in my system
Python 3.  But after much searching I cannot find an _easy_ way to do
this upgrade.  I would rather delay the learning experience of
compiling Python from source if I can.  Is there any _easy_ way to
upgrade the system Python 3.6.5 to 3.6.6 (Without wreaking system-wide
havoc)?

--
boB