[Tutor] startin python

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Feb 23 09:45:52 EST 2018

Just a quick clarification:

> You could try a commercial IDE like Enthought Canopy, PyCharm,
> ActiveState's Python (I think this one is called Anaconda?), or the Wing
> Python IDE.

ActiveState's Python is ActivePython while Anaconda is a separate
distribution, also very useful. Both orient themselves now as being a
"Data Science Platform" - more familiar with Anaconda, it's nice because
it gives you lots of the scientific, etc. stuff installed without
problems, and the installer makes adding more fairly easy. I believe
ActivePython now is similar.