[Tutor] Defining variable arguments in a function in python

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Mon Dec 31 11:35:45 EST 2018

> On Dec 30, 2018, at 18:39, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:
>
> On 30/12/2018 22:25, Avi Gross wrote:
>
>> I admit I have not studied the charter for the group.
>
> As moderator I feel the need to step in here because the
> charter is extremely apropos to that function and some
> clarification may be helpful.

I would like to add an observation…

The core complaint appears to be the length of the postings.  To my eye, Avi’s style of posting is extremely verbose, which is not necessarily a bad thing; but perhaps taking some time to distill the thoughts to make a concise, on topic, point would be helpful in this case.  When discussions appear to ramble at length in odd tangents, the helpfulness to the beginner is diluted and the original point of the discussion is lost.

—
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com