[Tutor] Need help in learning Python

Wallis Short walliss at metrofibre.co.za
Mon Aug 13 02:46:41 EDT 2018

I am also from a Linux background and I second exactly what James and David
said.

To learn Ubuntu, I would recommend installing Windows Subsystem for Linux
onto your existing Windows 10 setup  and then get the Ubuntu (or SUSE and
Debian) from the Microsoft store and install. It does have a few
limitations (especially on the GUI) but again which proper Linux Sysadmin
uses the GUI :)
Its quite simple to install as you add it via the "Windows Features" and
click on "Windows Subsystem for Linux"
This is an easy way to have Linux at your beck and call just by invoking
the OS by typing a command into the run command cmd

Unless of course you don't mind dual booting your laptop or have another
laptop/PC close by :)

Cheers

*Wallis Short*   Senior Network Engineer

<http://metrofibre.co.za/>

Metro Fibre Networx (Pty) Ltd
www.metrofibre.co.za

298 Witch-Hazel Ave, Highveld, Centurion, Gauteng, 0157 South Africa
<https://maps.google.com/?q=298+Witch-Hazel+Ave,+Highveld,+Centurion,+Gauteng,+0157+South+Africa&entry=gmail&source=g>