[Tutor] Python HW question

miknau1 at gmail.com miknau1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:32:52 EDT 2017

Good evening,

I really need some Python help. I’m a beginner and have some hw for class:

Write a program that calculates longest substring of increasing letters in st, say st=‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’. Do it in a few steps:
1.Find longest increasing substring starting from 0th position, use comparison <= to check if one letter greater than other
2. Use function len of object str(ing) to find length of string
3.Write one line of code that choses longest string from 2
4. Loop through all possible starting position start of the str, and find longest increasing substring of st.

I have no idea where to start this problem. Any help you can provide will be spectacular.

Thanks,

Mikhail

Sent from Mail for Windows 10