[Tutor] How to write database-agnostic python code? (Is this even possible?)

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 21:06:39 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> That's the "Law of leaky abstractions",
> https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2002/11/11/the-law-of-leaky-abstractions/

Thanks for the link to this article.  I really enjoyed reading it.  In
fact, so far every article I have read by Joel Spolsky has been both
an enjoyable and educational read!

Near the very end of the article he says, "... And when you need to
hire a programmer to do mostly VB programming, it’s not good enough to
hire a VB programmer, because they will get completely stuck in tar
every time the VB abstraction leaks..."  That has me wondering:  Where
does the Python abstraction leak???

--
boB