[Tutor] Using Python to access .txt files stored behind a firewall as .exe files

Ian Monat ian.monat at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:06:40 EDT 2017

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your commentary, made me laugh, I wish switching distributors
were that easy.

I could give them reasons why .exe files won't work for me but they don't
really care if I take the data files on their site or not. So I guess to
answer your question, we need them more.

That said, I think my plan is to use requests to pull the .exe file down
and and then try to write a python script to extract the .zip without
running the .exe. (maybe with pandas?) I'm a beginner with python so we'll
see how it goes!

Thanks for your help -Ian