[Tutor] Retrieving DropDown List Values

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 25 09:14:25 EDT 2017

On 25/03/17 04:29, Braxton Jackson wrote:
> Is there a simple command for retrieving the chosen value a user inputs
> from a dropdown list? I am new to Python and cant seem to find a good
> tutorials link on retreiving drop down values.

That all depends on which GUI toolkit you are using.
The standard Python GUI is Tkinter but it does not
have a native drop-down list component, you need
to use the ComboBox from the ttk module (or the
ComboBox from the Tix module) for that. Alternatively,
you can use another third party version such as
the one in PMW. But these all work differently.

So first you need to tell us which GUI toolkit you
are using? And ideally, a bit more about what you
are trying to do?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site