[Tutor] Coming from R, what's a good IDE editor? I've tried PyCharm and Spyder

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 17:08:15 EDT 2017

On 08/06/17 19:24, C W wrote:

> IPython is great for presentation, but you need to start it up in Terminal,

> Spyder does not have an icon in Application, you again need to start it up
> in Terminal with a few commands. It is slow to start up. (I have it)

You should be able to create your own icons for both of these.
Just drag them from finder to desktop and from there into Applications.
(You might need to edit properties to set the interpreter - its a wee
while since I used a Mac in anger - but I'm sure somebody here can
help with that.)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site