[Tutor] threading tutorial

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 13:52:50 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Michael C
<mysecretrobotfactory at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh i get it alright, however in my code I have to push the W button like
> this:
>
> import pyautogui
> import time
>
> pyautogui.keyDown('w')
> time.sleep(2)
> pyautogui.keyUp('w')

> theoretically deals with my problem, in practice though, my function spend
> almost
> all its time holding down the 'w' button, given how many miliseconds i need
> it. and so it's not responsive enough
> for this reason.

>From that example, it looks like you spend almost all the time
sleeping, right?  Maybe sleep for a shorter amount of time, in a loop
where you can check the flag?  Something like:

global run_me
time_to_sleep = 2
time_asleep = 0

pyautogui.keyDown('w')
while run_me and (time_asleep < time_to_sleep):
    delta = time_to_sleep/100
    time.sleep(delta)
    time_asleep += delta
pyautogui.keyUp('w')

That would let you check the flag more often, so you can clean up properly.

--
Jerry