[Tutor] Python3 Help

Brandon Anderson brandonanderson at me.com
Sun Jul 23 19:19:41 EDT 2017

Hello!

1. 	I have Python3 installed on my 2017 MacBook Pro. I know that it is successfully installed because, when I enter “Python3’ into my terminal,
	I get the following message:

	Python 3.6.2 (v3.6.2:5fd33b5926, Jul 16 2017, 20:11:06)
	[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin

2.  I’m trying to locate the directory path to where Python3 is located on my system, but when I enter
	the following command:
	$ type -a python3

	I get:
	-bash: $: command not found

	My understanding is that the command should have provided me with the path to Python3 is located on my system.

3.  How do I determine why I’m getting the ‘error’ command, instead of the directory location of Python3.
    I need the location in order to setup my Text Editor to execute Python3 commands.

Thank you in advance.

Brandon Anderson
(510) 468-0154
brandonanderson at icloud.com