[Tutor] Image i/o in python

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sun Jul 16 14:39:42 EDT 2017

On 07/16/2017 10:13 AM, D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ wrote:
> In python we have a set of imread and imshow in skimage. In matplotlib.image
> we again have imreadand imshow functions. In scipy.misc we again have
> another set imread and imshow. Are there anyfunctional differences between
> these multiple sets to justify their presence? …
>
> regards,
> Sarma.

I've got good news for you, Sarma: there's an imread in OpenCV as well.
And I think there's at least one other set, plus I recall there's a
standalone imread package available in PyPi.

Each one of these is an independently developed project and they can
choose whatever they want to call their functions. Not that that helps
someone trying to pick one. Whether some are more useful than others, or
if any are useful in a context outside their own project... I'll leave
that to others to comment (or search the internet)