[Tutor] Installing Python3.6.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.2

Joseph VOGTEMBING marie_jos_v at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 2 11:06:07 EDT 2017

I have a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04.2, on which I try to install Python3.6.1, and I have done this multiple times in the past, but for some reason I tried it 3 times since yesterday but I kept having the same error message. here are the steps that i have taken for my installation.
mariejosv at ubuntu:~$  sudo apt-get update
mariejosv at ubuntu:~$  sudo apt-get upgrade
mariejosv at ubuntu:~$ wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.1/Python-3.6.1.tar.xz

mariejosv at ubuntu:~$ tar xvf Python-3.6.1.tar.xz

mariejosv at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get installbuild-essential checkinstall

mariejosv at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get installlibreadline-gplv2-dev libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev libsqlite3-dev tk-devlibgdbm-dev libc6-dev libbz2-dev

mariejosv at ubuntu:~$ cd Python-3.6.1

mariejosv at ubuntu:~/Python-3.6.1$ ./configure
mariejosv at ubuntu:~/Python-3.6.1$sudo make altinstall  # after this line, the following message will popup at some point

Please help.
Thanks
Joseph