[Tutor] Issue with set_value function

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Mon Feb 13 05:52:07 EST 2017

Yap Gerald wrote:

> I have a problem with the functions set_value which I could not find a
> solution on the net. In my output below, I was able to set_value at the
> first loop but not the second loop. The different check using print could
> not identify what was the problem. I have attached my testset, function
> and output below. Really appreciate if anyone can help me with this issue.

I'm sorry, your description does not give me an idea what your problem might
be. There's not even a set_value() function in your code sample...

Please make the code you provide self-contained so that we can run it
without modifications. The script should be as small as possible. If one
step of your code produces the expected output give a script that starts
with that output and only includes the failing step.

Show both the output you get and the expected output you want. Rather than
providing arbitrary debugging data try to concentrate on the relevant
parts.