[Tutor] CheckButtons reset to default values

Pooja Bhalode poojabhalode11 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:19:02 EST 2017

Hi,

I have a bunch of checkbuttons in my code and a default settings button
which restores the original setting in the checkbuttons. The code is given
below:

    var1 = IntVar()
    var2 = IntVar()
    var3 = IntVar()
    var4 = IntVar()
    Checkbutton(frame1, text = "Vertices", variable=var1, onvalue=1,
offvalue=0).grid(row=1, column = 1, sticky=W)
    Checkbutton(frame1, text = "Edges", variable=var2).grid(row=2, column =
1, sticky=W)
    Checkbutton(frame1, text = "Faces", variable=var3).grid(row=3, column =
1, sticky=W)
    check = Checkbutton(frame1, text = "Center", variable=var4)
    check.grid(row=4, column = 1, sticky=W)
    check.select()

    label2 = Label(frame1, text="2. Cut off Improvement %")
    label2.grid(row=5, column=0,sticky=W)
    Entry2 = Entry(frame1)
    Entry2.insert(END, '05')
    Entry2.grid(row=5, column = 1, sticky = W)

    def default():
        print "Inside default"

        var1.set(0)
        var2.set(0)
        var3.set(0)
        var4.set(1)
        Entry2.delete(0, END)
        Entry2.insert(END,'05')

    Button(frame1, text = "Select Default value",
command=default).grid(row=0, column = 2, sticky=W)

This resets the Entry2 but it does not reset the checkbuttons selection to
the values specified in default function.
Can some one please tell me where I am going wrong?
Thank you so much.

Pooja