[Tutor] Function annotations

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 23:11:39 EST 2017

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 08:50:00PM -0600, boB Stepp wrote:

>> Of course, these are
>> apparently optional.  I now wonder if I should be endeavoring to add
>> these to my code?
>
> Do you run a linter? If not, there doesn't seem much point in adding
> annotations.

To date I have avoided adding a linter to vim/gvim as I believe I get
more educational benefit from making and correcting mistakes that a
linter would catch.  But I have it in the back of mind if I ever reach
a relative point of Python comfort to implement linting capabilities.
Are the people making linters implementing checking function
annotations?  Or is this something only gradually being adopted?

Steve, are you making use of function annotations?  If yes, are you
finding them worth the extra effort?

Cheers!
boB