[Tutor] Lock File Usage

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 1 17:10:32 EST 2017

"ad^2" <adsquaired at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the help guys. This is what I ended up going with that works.
>
> Requires: lockfile, syslog and os modules

You're probably aware, but for others reading this thread:

The ‘lockfile’ library is explicitly deprecated by its maintainers
<URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lockfile/>. They have declared they're
no longer maintaining it, and they recommend using a different library
for locking.

So long as you're aware that you are effectively accepting the burden of
maintaining that library yourself, go ahead :-)

--
 \        “I think it would be a good idea.” —Mohandas K. Gandhi (when |
  `\                    asked what he thought of Western civilization) |