[Tutor] "Path tree"

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 11:55:39 EDT 2017

On 13/08/17 21:07, Michael C wrote:

> Please look at the picture attached:

This is a text mailing list, no binary attachments allowed.
The server strips them off.

You need to put it on a web site and provide a link.

> consisting of (x,y).  Now I am trying to make a function go through this
> list of tuples and then return the "path." to go from, say, 4 to 8.

> How do I do this?

Do you know how to do it mathematically - eg with pen and paper?
If so its a matter of transcribing the algorithm into python
code. But if you don't know the background math, that's
where you need to start. Find the algorithm first.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site