[Tutor] Tkinter layout question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 24 18:40:00 EDT 2017

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:02:32 +0100
Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:

> On 24/04/17 01:50, Phil wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:24:55 +1000
> > Phil <phil_lor at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Yes, of course, sorry about that!
> The 3 of course is the number of items per cell (3x3)
>
> > Say I want the 7th cell in the first line of a 9 x 9 grid,
>  > that would be x = 7, y = 1.
>
> But you want it mapped to a cell/item pair...
>
> divmod(7,3) -> 2,1
>

> The 3rd cell, 2nd item which is wrong for the item part.
> So you need to use:
>
> 2, 1-1

Thank you Alan, problem solved. All this horsing around with adding and subtracting 1 had initially led to a mass of confusing code hence the posting of my second message on this subject. Don't bother with that message, it's complete nonsense.

By the way, I notice that my messages to this list, and not other's, can take up to four hours (sometimes longer) to appear, is that normal? I'm on a bounces list, is that the reason? Probably not since I'm on several bounces lists.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday.

--
Regards,
Phil