[Tutor] (no subject)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 9 14:49:31 EDT 2017

On 09/04/17 11:42, shubham goyal wrote:
> Hello, I am a c++ programmer and wants to learn python for internship
> purposes. How can i learn the advanced python fast mostly data science
> packages, I know basic python.

There are tutorials on most things.
But it depends on what you mean by advanced python. The ScyPy and NumPy
type stuff is certainly for advanced users of Python but mostly the
Python itself is fairly standard. To me, advanced Python means messing
around with metaclasses, decorators, functools, itertools and the like.

But thee are so many niche areas where Python is used its almost
impossible to recommend any single direction. Once past the basics
its a case of specializing in a given domain.

The biggest jump for most C++ programmers is giving up on type safety.
C++ has strict typing embedded as a religious dogma that it can seem
very strange for a C++ programmer to rely on dynamic typing and trust
that the system will just work. It was one of the things that surprised
me - that by giving up strict typing my programs were no less reliable.
But that understanding does change the way you design and think about
code - and, in particular, how you design and use objects.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site