[Tutor] Attaching program text to messages

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 19:34:05 EDT 2016

On 25/10/16 00:01, Ben Finney wrote:

> I think because it is (declared by Elliott's mail user-agent to be) a
> text attachment, it survives to the mailing list.

That might be the reason.

> A text attachment (provided you ensure it is declared that way, as
> Elliott's message did) seems a better way. If it fails, we all know
> immediately, and it can be retried.

That's true if it always survives. It will be interesting to see
if the attachment is accessible from the archives... OK, It shows
the text appended to the message so that does indeed seem the best option.

Now, how do we educate everyone on how to specify and use a text
attachment? (This is a serious question BTW since we can add it
to the tutor welcome/usage message.)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site