[Tutor] please help me modify this code so that I can utilize raw_input

Richard Koeman rkoeman at smcdsb.on.ca
Tue Oct 4 10:04:51 EDT 2016

I would like to modify this code so that instead of me calling the function
with the list as shown [1,2,3,4], the user inputs the list with raw_input.

Thanks in advance

"""Define a function sum() and a function multiply() that sums and
multiplies (respectively) all the numbers in a list of numbers. For
example, sum([1, 2, 3, 4]) should return 10, and multiply([1, 2, 3, 4])
should return 24."""

def sum(mylist = [], *args):
  print mylist
  sum_of_number = 0
  for i in mylist:
    sum_of_number += i
  print "The sum of the digits in your number is %s" %(sum_of_number)
def multiply(mylist = [], *args):
  product_of_number = 1
  for i in mylist:
    product_of_number = product_of_number * i
  print "The product of the digits in your number is %s"
%(product_of_number)

sum([1,2,3,4])
multiply([1,2,3,4])

--
This is a staff email account managed by Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District
School Board.  This email and any files transmitted with it are