[Tutor] Newcomer with organizational questions

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu May 26 20:08:37 EDT 2016

Max Jegers <maxjegers at gmail.com> writes:

> I am a newcomer who asked a first question here at Tutor. Soon I
> received a very good answer from a tutor and put an effort to
> understand it.

Welcome, and I'm glad you had a positive experience finding help here!

> After that I wrote a reply with a thank you and a follow-up question,
> only to discover that I don’t see a way to send it.

This is an email forum; you compose a reply by using the “Reply To List”
command in your email client.

If you don't have such a command in your email client:

* Complain explicitly to whoever makes your email client. Reply To List
  is a standard feature which works correctly in any decent email client
  for decades.

* Consider using a better email client. (You don't have to change email
  addresses, just use a better program to operate your email.)

* As a last resort, you can manually fiddle with “Reply To All” by
  removing individual email addresses, leaving only the list address to
  remain.

> I need to say I did not write to maillist forums before, only to
> forums with Post button right there:).

Email forums allow you to use the program you're already familiar with
for email, so IMO that makes them much preferable!

Here is <URL:https://www.mail-list.com/reply_in_a_mailing_list/> a
simple introduction to how reply works in an email forum.

--
 \                  “It is … incumbent upon us to recognize that it is |
  `\    inappropriate for religion to play any role in issues of state |