[Tutor] OT: (Continuous) integration testing: Can a solo developer with very limited resources truly do this?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 13 05:01:26 EDT 2016

On 13/03/16 02:21, boB Stepp wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On 12/03/16 18:10, boB Stepp wrote:

> Does one need to already have installation media for each OS to be
> used, or are they pre-loaded?  If the first, for Windows that could
> potentially be a chunk of money!

Yes, but I buy them when I do the upgrade to my Windows box
and I keep the older versions for use in VirtualBox too.
So I currently have Windows 98, XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 available.
In practice I only really use XP, and 8.1 in Vbox (and I have
10 running on a separate physical box).

So long as you only run one instance at a time I think
it's still legal (but I am not a lawyer!).

All the Linux stuff is free of course...

Old versions of Windows can be found cheaply on EBay too
although you need to be careful you are getting a legitimate
copy including a key with them.... Cave emptor.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site