[Tutor] Changing the interpreter prompt symbol from ">>>" to ???

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 12:21:15 EST 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On 12Mar2016 00:46, boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Additionally, one must set the font for cmd.exe and PowerShell to
>> "Lucida Console" or the above will not work.
>

> You may find some other fonts also work if you don't like that one.

On my Win7 64-bit OS, the only font options available for both
PowerShell and cmd.exe are 1) Consolas; 2) Lucida Console; and 3)
Raster Fonts.  The online research I did stated that only Lucida
Console would provide full access to all the characters available in
utf-8 with the code page set to 65001.  For my particular choice of a
single character, 1) Consolas will work as well, though it looks
raggedy compared to 2) Lucida Console.  However, usually where there
is a will there is a way, so I would not be surprised if research
would reveal that other workable fonts could be installed in
PowerShell and cmd.exe.  But (For the moment!) I am quite satisfied
with the results of Lucida Console.

boB