[Tutor] Help with an error

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:28:24 EST 2016

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Saad Mabror <s.mbr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello , So i'm totally new to programming and i decided to start with python , i've installed python 2.7 on my laptop (running windows 7 ) at first i started following a begginer's guide and everything was fine . But later i started receveing syntax error  dialogues on IDLE  even if i'm writing just one simple line such as ( print "hello world") . I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work , so is there any possible way to fix this ? Thanks in Advance .

It would be helpful if you would copy and paste into a plain text
email to this group exactly what you typed into IDLE and the full
trace back of the error message you receive.

On a side note, if you are just starting to learn Python and have no
special need for Python 2, then you should work on learning Python 3.

--
boB