[Tutor] Recommendations for best tool to write/run Python

Lisa Hasler Waters lwaters at flinthill.org
Wed Mar 2 13:26:11 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

I am new to Python, as are my middle school students. We are using Python
3.5.1 IDLE to write and run our (simple) code. However, this tool does not
seem to be the best way to write longer code or to be able to re-edit code
that has been saved/closed/reopened.

Eventually, we hope to build some projects that we can "use" and share with
others.

Could you please recommend the best Python tools for writing and running
our code for the long term? Also, we are hoping to find free tools!

Thanks so very much!

Lisa

PS We have tried to use Aptana Studio 3 but it is not easy to work in.

--
Lisa Waters, PhD
Technology Integration