[Tutor] OT: Recommendations for a Linux distribution to dual-boot with Win7-64 bit

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 20:09:18 EDT 2016

On 29/06/16 23:58, boB Stepp wrote:

> One point I just discovered for those new to this and Linux:  tkinter
> does *not* come pre-installed with the Python distributions; it will
> have to be installed separately.

Yes, but it's just another package in the package manager. python-tk
Select it and hit Install.

The same is true of the documentation BTW. It's a separate package.

If you use the filter field and type in Python you'll see several
hundred add on packages! Including almost all of the 3rd party ones
you see discussed on tutor...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site