[Tutor] Fwd: Fwd: : Turtle

Hershel Millman hershellearningcode at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 03:51:39 EDT 2016

Python didn't come installed on my Mac, my dad had to install it. I typed
import Tkinter into the terminal and received no error message, and when I
ran it in pycharm, I also received no error message. I found a little
program online and ran it to test the functionality of Tkinter, and it
worked.

from Tkinter import *
class Application(Frame):
    def say_hi(self):
        print "hi there, everyone!"

    def createWidgets(self):
        self.QUIT = Button(self)
        self.QUIT["text"] = "QUIT"
        self.QUIT["fg"]   = "red"
        self.QUIT["command"] =  self.quit

        self.QUIT.pack({"side": "left"})

        self.hi_there = Button(self)
        self.hi_there["text"] = "Hello",
        self.hi_there["command"] = self.say_hi

        self.hi_there.pack({"side": "left"})

    def __init__(self, master=None):
        Frame.__init__(self, master)
        self.pack()
        self.createWidgets()

root = Tk()
app = Application(master=root)
app.mainloop()
root.destroy()

and it finished with exit code 0.

I just tried to use turtle in pycharm again, and for some reason it worked
with exit code 0.

I typed:

from turtle import *
speed('fastest')

i = 0
while i < 1:
    forward(20)
    left(90)
    forward(20)
    left(90)
    forward(20)
    left(90)
    forward(20)
    left(91)
    i += 1
input()

and it gave me no error message.

However, when I typed the same thing, except instead of "from turtle import
*", I typed "import turtle," I got this error message:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/python2.5
"/Users/Hershel/PycharmProjects/Project 1/notturtle.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/Hershel/PycharmProjects/Project 1/notturtle.py", line 2, in
<module>
    speed('fastest')
NameError: name 'speed' is not defined

Process finished with exit code 1

How do I make it so pycharm is using python version 2.6 instead of 2.5?
(I have python 2.6 in the same "versions" folder as 2.5)

Thank you,

Hershel