[Tutor] Correct use of model-view-controller design pattern

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 03:59:51 EDT 2016

On 19/06/16 05:18, boB Stepp wrote:

> code, I am left scratching my head.  My main issue is what am I aiming
> at for a final CLI display of a circle?  This is not such a simple
> thing!  First, what are the units for a circle's radius in a CLI?  If
> it is 1 radius unit = 1 character, then your code is displaying too
> many characters.

CLI "ASCII art" is dependent on the font used. If you change
your font size to an 8x8 character set then it will be much
easier (but your text will look awful!).

That's why we tend to use GUIs to do imagery. :-)

The effort to make a circle look circular in a CLI is
vastly disproportionate to the benefit since you need to
detect font sizes etc and have compensating parameters
that you can multiply by. And if the user picks a non
mono-space font things get even more difficult. Basically
its hardly ever worth it!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site