[Tutor] python programmin problem

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Thu Jul 28 00:30:18 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 4:30 PM, monikajg at netzero.net
<monikajg at netzero.net> wrote:
> Thank you all for your answers. I do not have a teacher or any body else who could guide me. I have taken all python classes offered in my area and many on line.
> The question is one of questions asked by interviews for a qa position that also does some automation with python.

If you're training for problems like this, then look for something
less focused on a specific programming language.  As we said earlier,
solving these kinds of problems isn't really a matter of Python
programming at this level: you want to look specifically for material
about algorithms.

For this kind of thing, definitely look into something like the
"Develop a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures"
recommendations at:

    https://www.google.com/about/careers/students/guide-to-technical-development.html

I've also heard very good things about Skiena's "The Algorithm Design Manual":

    http://www.algorist.com/

The author has a bunch of videos and lecture material online that
might help you:

    http://www3.cs.stonybrook.edu/~algorith/video-lectures/

In particular, see Lectures 18 and 19.

*Especially Lecture 19*.

You will see a problem being explained that you should be *very*
interested in.  :)  Here's a link just to give you a taste:

    https://youtu.be/0yjebrZXJ9A?t=3m

I hope that this helps point you in the right direction.  Good luck!