[Tutor] Need Your help

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 09:50:49 EDT 2016

> I'm creating a mobile application [ http://e-aadhaarcard.in ] and I'm using
> python for a desktop server. However, I don't have access to a static IP on
> the desktop, but do have a website. Is it possible to connect from mobile
> http website -> desktop server and back?

That all depends on how your website is set up.
Ultimately the app needs an IP address to connect to.
Regardless of how the actual IP address is allocated
(DHCP or static) there needs to be a translation between
the web site logical address name (www.foo.com) and
the actual IP address (123.234.2.1).

If you have the web site registered with some kind of DNS
setup that translates the logical address to the IP address
Then the app just needs to use the logical address and it
all should just work.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site